Your Family's Goals Are
Donna M. Stefans, Esq., AIF®
- Founder and lead Estate & Elder Law attorney at Stefans Law Group PC.
- President of Summit Tax Advisors, Inc.
Donna Stefans has over 20 years of experience in Elder Law, Estate Planning, Geriatric Care Management, Special Needs Planning, Retirement Income Planning, Medicaid optimization and Income Tax & Asset Management, giving her the ability to create and maintain holistic life-care plans for clients – from birth to legacy.
Ms. Stefans is also the President of Summit Tax Advisors Inc., a full service personal, business, trust accounting, income tax, and consulting practice. She has over 24 years of experience in retirement planning, asset protection planning and wealth management and is currently an Investment Advisor Representative with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC and is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®).
Additionally, Ms. Stefans spends much of her free time working with people who have Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other special needs. She is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Long Island Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Ms. Stefans is a board member of HorseAbility, an established organization that improves the lives of people with special needs through therapy programs utilizing interactions with horses. She is also the Vice Chair of the New York State Bar Association, Elder Law section, Financial Planning & Investment Committee.
Ms. Stefans is also a member and active participant of the: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, National Academy of Special Needs Planners, National Aging in Place Council, Financial Services Institute, Financial Planning Association, and the Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations.
Ms. Stefan’s passion is helping to advocate and educate both attorneys and individuals in the ever changing world of Elder Law, Estate Planning, and planning for all aspects of a person’s financial life.
Concentrations, Designations and Education
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Licensed to practice law in Florida and New York.
- Investment Advisor Representative with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC
- Series 7, 24, 63, and 65 Securities Registrations
- NY State Life, Accident and Health Insurance Licenses
- Lawyers of Distinction 2018
- Lead Counsel
- Elder Care Matters Alliance
- NAELA – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- NCPC – National Care Planning Committee
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Elder Law Answers
- NAIPC – National Aging in Place Council
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- J.D. - 1999
- University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- B.S. Finance - 1993
- New York State Bar Association, Vice Chair
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member and Active Participant
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member and Active Participant
- The Florida Bar
- Alzheimer’s Association, Board Member
- HorseAbility – Center for Equine Facilitated Programs, Board Member
Current Employment Position
- Founder and Lead Attorney
- Asset Protection & Trusts
- Estate Administration & Probate
- Estate Planning & Elder Law
- Estate Tax & Retirement Income Planning
- Long Term Care Planning & Geriatric Care Management
- Special Needs Planning & Guardianship
- New York, 2000
- Florida, 2001