A Holistic Approach To Elder Law And Life Care
- Planning for nursing home care
- Protecting Medicaid eligibility
- Preserving family wealth
- Anticipating the tax ramifications
Solutions Tailored To You And Your Goals
As we age, many new issues arise that need to be addressed. One aspect is the fact that your assets and wishes need to be preserved for the future. Whether you are planning for yourself or for an elderly loved one, elder law planning and asset protection are essential steps.
Having a knowledgeable team on your side can facilitate that process and leave you confident in your future. At Stefans Law Group PC, we have specifically tailored a prong of our practice to meet the unique needs of our elderly clients.
Though elder law and estate planning are conceptually similar, the fundamental difference is that estate planning focuses on an area of the law (e.g., preserving your assets), while elder law focuses on the needs of the individual.
Our Team Helps You Meet Current And Future Needs
We have developed a holistic life care planning approach to elder law. This is a comprehensive and interlaced view of the wide range of questions and issues that elderly individuals face, such as:
• Long-term care planning: Nursing home care can be expensive. It is important to understand how to structure your assets and estate so you can afford long-term care if it is needed. We also assist clients in helping seek and fund nursing home care for elderly loved ones.
• Medicaid planning: There are certain income thresholds that are required to qualify for Medicaid, which can help pay for long-term care and other medical expenses. It may be necessary to spend down your assets in order to qualify. Our firm can discuss your options with you based on your specific situation.
• Wealth preservation strategies: Our firm can take a comprehensive look at the assets you have obtained throughout your lifetime. With the insight of our legal and tax professionals, we can implement strategies to help preserve what you have earned, plan for retirement and minimize tax liabilities.
• Tax planning services: There are many taxes that must be paid throughout a lifetime and upon death. Our tax experts provide clients with their opinions on how to address taxes, how gifting can be used to minimize estate taxes and how to minimize other tax situations that may arise.
Talk To Us Today And Learn More
For more information about how we can help you take the first steps toward planning for the future, contact our office today and schedule a free consultation. You can call us at 516-692-2744 or send us an email.