Stefans Law Group focuses on holistic planning solutions that integrate all aspects of Asset Preservation and care for our clients such as Asset Protection & Legacy Planning to help achieve lasting confidence. We offer a multidisciplinary team of Estate & Elder Law attorneys & Certified Public Accountants that work together to create customized legal strategies – we help maximize assets and preserve family legacies for generations to come. Stefans Law Group has over 25 years of experience in Elder Law, Estate Planning, Retirement Income Planning, Income Tax & Asset Management, giving us the ability to create and maintain holistic life-care plans for clients – from birth to legacy.
Meet Our Team
- Founder and lead Estate & Elder Law attorney at Stefans Law Group PC.
- President of Summit Tax Advisors, Inc.
Donna Stefans has over 18 years of experience in Elder Law, Estate Planning, Retirement Income Planning, Income Tax & Asset Management, giving her the ability to create and maintain holistic life-care plans for clients – from birth to legacy.
Ms. Stefans is also the President of Summit Tax Advisors Inc., a full service personal, business, trust accounting, income tax, and consulting practice.
Additionally, Ms. Stefans spends much of her free time working with people who have Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other special needs. She is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Long Island Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Ms. Stefans is a board member of HorseAbility, an established organization that improves the lives of people with special needs through therapy programs utilizing interactions with horses. She is also the Vice-Chairwoman of the New York State Bar Association Financial Planning & Investment Committee.
Ms. Stefans is also a member and active participant of the: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, National Academy of Special Needs Planners, National Aging in Place Council, Financial Services Institute, Financial Planning Association, and the Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations.
Concentrations, Designations and Education
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF)
- Licensed to practice law in Florida and New York.
- Investment Advisor Representative with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC
- Series 7 & 63 & Securities Registrations
- NY State Life, Accident and Health Insurance Licenses
- JD, Touro Law Center
- BS, Finance, University of Scranton
Professional Associations and Memberships
Marilyn Stefans’ tax practice focuses on individual and small business tax preparation and planning. Marilyn Stefans strives to integrate tax services to help her clients pursue success.
Licenses and Designations
- B.A. Finance and Banking, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Series 7, 24, 63 and 65 securities registrations
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Federally Authorized Tax Practitioner (E.A.). Qualified to practice before the Internal Revenue Service
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance licenses
Past Professional Experience:
- Adjunct faculty member, formerly teaching Taxation and Financial Planning courses at CW Post College of Long Island University.
- Extensive experience in Consumer and Small Business lending (Mortgage and Loans) as an Administrative Consultant at the former NatWest Bank.
Karen Muir Young is admitted to practice in the State of New York, Second Judicial Department and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. Ms. Muir Young spent five years practicing in a general litigation firm representing clients in probate, intestate, guardianship, matrimonial, family, criminal, foreclosure, modification, bankruptcy, consumer debt, landlord tenant, real estate, discrimination, traffic, and civil litigation matters. She has extensive experience both in the courtroom as well as in mediation proceedings. She is also an active member of the New York State Bar Association and Suffolk County Bar Association.
Ms. Muir Young graduated from Touro Law Center with a Juris Doctor degree, and from Long Island University at CW Post College with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Arts Management. At Touro Law she was president of the Environmental Law Society. She was also a quarter finalist in the National Environmental Moot Court Competition and was awarded best oralist 2 of 3 rounds. While attending law school Ms. Muir Young interned with the Huntington Town Attorney’s office, became a Certified Conference Facilitator for the Institute of Restorative Practices and an Unemployment Action Advocate.
Before attending law school, Ms. Muir Young was the Director of Marketing and Technology at a 35 million dollar corporation where she funded and oversaw all marketing activities. Ms. Muir Young also volunteered, lead, and organized two annual teams for the Heart Walk, which is the American Heart Association’s annual premiere fundraising event.
Bar Admissions and Associations:
- Licensed to practice law in New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
Gina Aiello is a Licensed Social Worker who received her Master’s Degree in Social Work from Adelphi University in 1993. She is a member of the National Association of Social Workers.
Having worked in the nursing home industry since 1989, Gina has a strong affiliation with the needs of the elderly, their families and their caregivers. As a social worker, Gina is compassionate to the uncertainty that families face while trying to keep a loved one in their home or addressing the needs of nursing home placement. As an advocate, Gina attends ongoing Nurse evaluations for the elderly to make sure their needs are met in regards to their level of care.